Big-ben - in the world
Big Ben is the largest of five bells and weighs 13 1 ⁄ 2 long tons ( tonnes ; short tons ). It was the largest bell in the United Kingdom for 23 years. The origin of the bell's nickname is open to question; it may be named after Sir Benjamin Hall , who oversaw its installation, or boxing heavyweight champion Benjamin Caunt . Four quarter bells chime at 15, 30 and 45 minutes past the hour and just before Big Ben tolls on the hour. The clock uses its original Victorian mechanism, but an electric motor can be used as a backup.
The clock tower is now called The Elizabeth Tower . It was called St Stephen's Tower by Victorian journalists. They referred to anything to do with the House of Commons as news from 'St Stephens', as originally MP's used to sit in St Stephen's Hall.
Pound was joined by the Labour MPs Jess Phillips and Rupa Huq, who both said they had been walking across the yard coincidentally while in parliament to deal with constituency business. The Conservative MPs Peter Bone and Matt Hancock also listened to the final chimes among the crowd.
- Icarus Witch - Draw Down The Moon
- Various - The Roots Of Rock 'N Roll - Vol. 1 / The Savoy Sessions
- Lalo Schifrin - Dirty Harry (The Original Score)
- Sam Rivers - Sizzle
- Pumpa - Volný Styl / Nedělní Dopoledne
- Lucie Bílá - eSeMeS
- Heaven 17 - We Live So Fast
- Natalie Illeana - Unbalanced
- Optimystic - Best Thing In The World (Limited Edition With Club Mixes)
- Hiroyuki Fujikake - Galactic Symphony
- Caleya - Waves + Trymmer
- Alfredo de Angelis - Tango Argentino
- Pornotanz - CySex
- Paul Nicholas - Paul Nicholas
- Alternative Tv - Live At Rat Club 77
- DumDum Boys - Bapshuariari
- Various - Maximum Dance 3/96
- Ludwig van Beethoven - Masterworks - Violin Sonatas #5 & 9
- Jacob's Dream - Dominion Of Darkness
- Martin Kittner - Čítam Ťa Rád